DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
· Current licensure, if applicable, as a physical therapist in the state(s) in which he or she will practice.
· In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a physical therapist that is relevant to the patient population assigned preferred.
For Organizations That Must Meet the Medicare Conditions of Participation:
Refer to Addendum A of this job description for additional qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per organization-specific policy.
· Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
· Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
· Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
· Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
· Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient and use of equipment in providing treatment.
· Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
· Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
· Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
· Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
· Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
· Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
· Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living facility, school or occupational setting.
· Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
· Able to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours, as needed.
· Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
· Able to constantly lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
· Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
· Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and climbing stairs.
Other Required Documentation:
2 Step PPD or chest Xray
Physical within the past 12 months
2 employment versification or 2 letters of reference
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2018 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.