Winter Park, Florida
Qualifications: Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. For purposes of effective communication with residents, families and staff must be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English. Maintain ability to stretch, push, pull, kneel, reach, twist, lift unassisted at least 35 lbs and walk or stand up to eight hours. Must be 16 years of age or older.
1. Serve consistently correct portion sizes following food textures, therapeutic diets and special meal card instructions.
2. Stock food/supplies; seal, date and label correctly. Inform supervisor of sudden deficiencies in inventory.
3. Demonstrate a working knowledge of safety utilizing equipment in a safe manner by following instructions for operation and care. Report any and all problems to supervisor.
4. Demonstrate a working knowledge of sanitation and infection control standards and of 64E-11 regulations. Document temperatures for refrigeration units, dishwashers and food. Comply with cleaning duties and ensure dining rooms and kitchens are clean and organized.
5. Follow snack lists and distribute to houses; seal, date and label.
6. Serve meals on time.
7. Promote quality of life for the residents by providing choices and family style dining.
8. Assist in dining room during delivery of meal.
9. Ensures residents’ rights and promotes optimal quality of life standards. Reports any incident of abuse in accordance with facility procedure and the Disabled Persons Abuse Negligence Act. Adheres to policies related to boundaries with individuals. Attends required abuse risk management training. Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors. Adheres to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising individuals.
10. Ensure that Federal, State, County and company regulations are implemented and maintained. Correct facility deficiencies as needed.
11. Adhere to attendance policy. Report to work on time. Complete required training and attend staff meetings as required.
12. Projects a professional appearance and a willing, positive and courteous expression in performing tasks. Cooperates with fellow workers, supervisors, residents, visitors in performing tasks.
13. Ensure compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations. Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Program Director.
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2019 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.