Winter Park, Florida
Four years relative experience or a 4 year college degree and 2 years experience in Developmental Disabilities. Supervisory experience preferred. For purposes of effective communication with residents, families and staff must be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English. Maintain the ability to stretch, push, pull, kneel, reach, twist, walk or stand up to eight hours and able to perform the physical requirements of Safety Care. If required, lift unassisted at least 25 lbs.
1. Supervise the entire facility ensuring a smooth flow of activities on a routine basis by monitoring staffing, call-outs, emergencies and staff problems.
2. Ensure daily assignments are provided for all staff to ensure daily implementation of resident’s schedule and housekeeping.
3. Physically and verbally interact with residents and Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in settings including training and assistance with direct care functions.
4. Visually supervise residents and DSP’s in direct care settings to ensure ongoing quality care of residents by staff.
5. Ensures residents’ rights and promotes optimal quality of life standards. Reports any incident of abuse in accordance with facility procedure and the Disabled Persons Abuse Negligence Act. Adheres to policies related to boundaries with individuals. Attends required abuse risk management training. Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors. Adheres to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising individuals.
6. Routinely observe activity, schedule adherence, staff/client interactions and safety. Provide quality feedback to staff.
7. Demonstrates proper use of Safety Care procedures and all competencies that are designed to manage aggression, self injury and/or property destruction.
8. Supervised assigned staff and complete performance evaluations as well as ongoing performance documentation.
9. Implements electronic and paper documentation of training needs including programming, incident reporting (GERs), data collection and behavior observations.
10. Supervise transportation schedules, vehicle use and proper documentation.
11. Plan, generate and maintain weekly staffing schedules. Keep schedule up to date on a daily basis.
12. Periodically conduct observations and participate in clients’ day program to ensure proper day services are provided.
13. Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with, all policies related to safety. Performs work safely and without injury to self or others. Identifies hazards or dangerous behaviors in the environment and takes immediate action to avoid, mitigate or eliminate, and report hazardous conditions or unsafe behaviors. Ensures the safety of self, residents/consumers, co-workers, families, guardians and visitors at all times.
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2020 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.