Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Five (5) years of home care experience as a Registered Nurse within the last seven (7) years preferred.
· Three (3) years of home care experience managing caregivers within the last five (5) years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
· Able to multi-task and demonstrate effective organizational skills in order to meet short deadlines with finite resources.
· Able to develop, retain and manage an effective caregiver team.
· Computer proficiency including the ability to utilize software programs for creating documents and data analyses.
· Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
· Able to demonstrate understanding of applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
· Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
· Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
· Able to frequently travel within geographic area serviced by office.
· Able to occasionally travel out-of- town for business needs.
· Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and may require occasional work to be performed in patient homes.
· Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
· Able to work flexible schedule including overtime and evening hours as needed.
· Able to frequently stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
· Able to occasionally lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
· Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
· Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
I reviewed and understand the above described job duties and responsibilities. I Confirm I am able to perform these duties with or without reasonable accommodation. I also acknowledge this list is a list of the primary job functions and is not to be considered an all-inclusive list, as other duties may be assigned as needed. I realize I will be evaluated in accordance with these job responsibilities. In addition, I must comply with company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, those relating to safety, quality, attendance and punctuality. Management reserves the right to change this job description as business needs arise.
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2018 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.