INTERIM HEALTH CARE IS LOOKING FOR A MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER! We cover four different counties, and create a flexible work schedule. Please read the job description below, and apply!!
Social work services are provided for the continuous improvement of the total quality care as it relates to meeting the psychosocial needs of the patient/client. Responsible for the provision of social work services including short-term individual counseling, community resource planning and crises intervention. Services are provided in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
· Assesses the psychosocial status, establishing, monitoring and delivering care as it relates to meeting the psychosocial needs of the patient/client, as directed by the physician’s plan of plan of care.
· Assists the physician and other health care team members in assessing and understanding the significant social and emotional needs related to the health problems of the patient/client.
· Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
· Develops the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other team members.
· Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
· Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
· Provides assistance to other team members in understanding the social, ethical and emotional factors related to health problems.
· Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
· Assists with the coordination of care of all assigned patients/clients to assess and identify needs and review the Interim HealthCare range of services resulting in achievement of expected goals, active participation in case conferences and making suggestions to appropriate supervisors.
· Reports on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
· Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
· Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
· Completes and submits timely, legible, accurate, relevant and sufficient documentation (written or electronic) addressing the treatment and interventions provided, the and patient’s response to the treatment and interventions, and the patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
· Utilizes and provides the patient/family with appropriate community resources as needed.
· Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to promote patient progress.
· Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
· Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
· Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
· Performs other duties as required and requests.
· Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
· Master or doctoral prepared graduate with a degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
· State license to practice where applicable.
· One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
Interim Health Care is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim Health Care has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
*Interim Healthcare of Greater Orlando is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.*. Not all services are available at all offices. ©2020 Interim HealthCare Inc
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2022 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.