Provides nursing care to patients in accordance with physician’s orders, established standards of practice, and the policies and procedures of the contracting employer. Makes decisions that are based upon his/her education and experience in nursing.
· Implements physician orders and reports the patient’s response to care for all patients assigned.
· Recognizes changing patient conditions and emergency situations and intervenes appropriately within the scope of practice and contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
· Displays a working knowledge of common disease pathophysiology and common diagnostic tests and procedures.
· Administers medications in accordance with established medication administration principles, physician’s orders, the State Nurse Practice Act and the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
· Reviews and carries out physician orders in a timely and accurate manner.
· Reads and interprets policy and procedure manuals, written physician’s orders, equipment operating instructions and safety manuals.
· Responds to inquiries or complaints from physicians, patients, family/visitors, colleagues and other health care providers and supervisors.
· Presents written and verbal information and direction to patients, family, and staff.
· Interprets a variety of technical data as appropriate to assigned responsibilities and scope of practice (e.g. lab and diagnostic test results, monitoring equipment, infusion pumps, etc.).
· Understands instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2018 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.