The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for all aspects of the kitchen such as menu plans, operations, recipes, financial responsibility, portion and inventory control, food quality, and employee supervision. The Executive Sous Chef provides leadership training and hands-on management of the kitchen staff, and is in charge of executing the food in the main kitchen, drives menu design and kitchen creativity and is responsible for growing and developing the product and profitability of the food service program. Also is responsible for providing a consistent product and experience achieving revenue targets and managing costs as well as ensures all staff under direct supervision are focused and demonstrating a positive attitude and culture. In addition to maintaining our vision by adhering to our values and management principles, this position must provide the highest level of service to our residents.
1. Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred
2. Serve Safe Certification
3. Strong preference for locally sourcing their ingredients
4. Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of a highly demanding Residents
5. Professional appearance and following company policy and state guidelines
6. Positive, honest, and energetic work ethic
7. Serve Safe managers card within 30 days of issuing job duties.
8. Able to work 8 hour-plus shifts plus the ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
9. Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. as needed
10. Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
11. Able organize, and delegate incoming culinary products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities per industry standard
1. Strong communication skills
2. Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate teams to produce consistently great food
3. Adept at working effectively in high energy and busy environments and works well under pressure
4. Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
5. Can work on own as well as part of a team
6. Passion for good food, local ingredients and quality customer experiences
7. Excellent knife skills.
8. Ability to portion control on a large scale
9. Ability to work all stations in the culinary department and able to change rolls based on business demands.
Key competencies include management, manages times well, communication, give clear and effective direction, produce large quantities of food well, attention to detail, integrity, honesty, problem solving, reliability, adaptability, efficiency, teamwork and respect.
Lakeview Terrace Retirement Community is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2021 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.