DIR HEALTH CARE SVCS
Interim Healthcare Of Leesburg LLC
Inquire With Previous Details
Interim HealthCare of Leesburg is currently seeking a Director of Health Care Services (DHCS) to oversee our team of clinicians and home health services.
Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all clinical and paraprofessional services in accordance with the core values of Interim HealthCare. Primary responsibilities include ensuring qualified employees and contractors provide patient care and paraprofessional services, providing oversight of all patient care services and personnel, which include making patient and personnel assignments; coordinating patient care; coordinating referrals; assuring that patient needs are continually assessed; and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care. These responsibilities are provided in accordance with applicable law and regulations and accepted standards of care, as well as Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
· Assures that daily patient care and client services as well as related office activities are conducted in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
· Assures patient care and paraprofessional services are provided in accordance with acceptable standards of care and Interim HealthCare performance standards.
· Ensures that Interim HealthCare policies and procedures are implemented and consistently followed.
· Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
· Ensures the respectful treatment of patients and clients and family members.
· Provides leadership to the staff in the compassionate care of the patient/ family unit.
· Develops and motivates the clinical and paraprofessional team.
· In partnership with the General Manager or franchise owner, ensures recruitment and retention of qualified caregivers as well as the ongoing assessment of their performance, and ensures that these individuals are appropriately oriented, trained, supervised and evaluated, as well as competent to meet the needs of the population being served.
· Ensures access to appropriately qualified support twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
· Assures that appropriate action is taken to resolve identified caregiver or patient/ client concerns or complaints.
· Manages caregivers to achieve an acceptable level of patient/ client satisfaction.
· Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of patient care or client services, formulating and implementing an action plan and evaluating results.
· Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
· Develops processes and executes training to successfully implement changes in patient care or client service practices.
· Identifies issues and creates solutions in response to changing demands for caregivers, clinical skills, and availability of qualified staff.
· Implements pilot programs to support new business initiatives.
· Understands current trends and advancements in the delivery of care in the home.
· Manages the efficient use of the in-office and field resources related to patient care and client services.
· Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
· Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Five (5) years of home care experience as a Registered Nurse within the last seven (7) years preferred.
· Three (3) years of home care experience managing caregivers within the last five (5) years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
· Able to multi-task and demonstrate effective organizational skills in order to meet short deadlines with finite resources.
· Able to develop, retain and manage an effective caregiver team.
· Computer proficiency including the ability to utilize software programs for creating documents and data analyses.
· Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
· Able to demonstrate understanding of applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
· Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
· Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport.
Panama City, Florida
Where quality care and solid management go hand-in-hand.
For more information on DSI Management's services, or to speak to someone about your specific facility, please call 407-645-3211.
© 2017 - 2018 DSI Management, LLC
a leader in Healthcare Management since 1982.